2016 – 2017
- Supported bond bill, House Bill (HB) 1507, sponsored by Delegate Mary Ann Lisanti, which passed and will be providing funding to support the establishment of the Center for Agile Materials and Manufacturing Science at APG’s Army Research Laboratory (ARL).
- Supported HB 873, which extended a Maryland tax credit for costs associated with contractors getting security clearances for their personnel.
- Supported a bill that provided tax relief for hiring veterans, Senate Bill (SB) 807.
- The Army Alliance supported two efforts to try to improve Maryland’s position as it pertains to providing income tax relief for military retirement payment.
- Hosted two events in Annapolis, Maryland Military Alliances luncheon on January 19th, 2017 and the APG Centennial Reception and legislative chamber announcements on March 27th, 2017.
- The Army Alliance pursued additional funds to support the efforts of APG and Harford County Public Schools to establish an Army JROTC program.
- The Army Alliance has made progress every year supporting the demolition of excess and contaminated buildings at APG. For FY18, the President’s budget directed $16M to APG, out of a total budget line of $49.2 million.
- Supported the increased funding for National Defense Education Program. This program received an increase of $10M this last year, doubling total funding since the Army Alliance started its efforts several years ago.
- Supported streamlined hiring requirements for RDT&E organizations and to increase the number of staff at the APG Garrison.